About the question how to make glucose syrup without cream of tartar, before answer, let's see what is cream of tartar. Cream of tartar is one of those mystery ingredients you might have seen in the pantry, just a touch of it makes a big difference in your baking and cooking. First of all, it's not creamy. It's a dry, powdery, acidic byproduct of fermenting grapes into wine. Its sciency name is potassium bitartrate, aka potassium hydrogen tartrate or tartaric acid (the commercial name). But you can find it in the spice aisle labeled as plain ol' cream of tartar.
So i guess your requests for how to make glucose syrup without cream of tartar means you want to produced glucose syrup is a liquid, transparent and purity. This glucose syrup is widely used in food industry. How to make glucose syrup without cream of tartar? Usually the raw materials are starch (corn starch, wheat starch, cassava starch, potato starch etc) and rice powder. Production procedures are as follows: raw material(starch)→mixing starch with water to get starch slurry→liquefaction process→deproteinization process→saccharification process→decolorization process→decarburization process→ion exchange process to eliminate ion impurities→evaporation process to get certain concentration glucose liquid→final products filling and packing (the production process designed by Doing Company).
DOING glucose syrup making machine design
How to make glucose syrup without cream of tartar? Firstly we should make sure the raw material starch is good quality. Second key point is to get a complete set of high working efficiency equipment. The last but not least important factor is that processing technology applied in glucose syrup making process and glucose syrup manufacturer should attach great importance is the processing technology.
To put it simply, the whole process for glucose syrup making can be regarded as a chemical transformation process, which makes starch polysaccharide converted into glucose monosaccharide. Details of how to make glucose syrup without cream of tartar as bellow:
1. Mixing process. Mixing starch with water to get certain required density starch slurry. It's better to use soften water, which can reduce ion impurities. The mixing process finished in certain temperature and PE value.
2. Liquefaction process. Jet cooking machine and liquefaction tank are used in the procedure. Jet cooking makes temperature increase quickly in short time, resulting in starch granules absorb water quickly and expend together to get transparent paste liquid, which is called gelatinization. Gelatinization provide better condition for the later liquefaction process. In liquefaction process, after adding enzyme, temperature is maintained at required temperature to make starch slurry liquefied completely. All the reaction will be proceed in the liquefaction tank.
Glucose syrup production plant
3. Saccharification process. It's the key process to how to make glucose syrup without cream of tartar as required, which directly determines DE value of final products. In fact, the saccharification process is to create an environment suitable for saccharification enzymes. The key point is pH and temperature adjustment. The final hydrolysis of the sugars gives a crude saccharification solution.
4. Decolorization and decarburization process. The purpose of decolorization is to remove organic impurities dissolved in water. Most organic impurities are colored organic impurities. We add powdered activated carbon that has strong adsorption ability to organic impurities. And activated carbon is insoluble in water, and then we can use filter press machine to finish decarburization process for how to make glucose syrup without cream of tartar. The filter removes the activated carbon as well as removes organic impurities from the sugar solution.
5. Ion exchange process. After the water-insoluble impurities and organic impurities in the sugar liquid are removed, there still contain many inorganic impurities dissolved in water. These impurities exist in the form of cations and anions in water. The purpose of ion exchange column is to remove these water-soluble inorganic impurities.
6. Evaporation process. After previous steps, impurities in the liquid glucose are mostly removed. The last step will use evaporator to remove excess water and get final glucose syrup in certain density. Three-effect evaporator is commonly used.
Glucose syrup making machine
To sum up, how to make glucose syrup without cream of tartar consists of three main parts: saccharification, impurities-removing and concentration. Strictly speaking, each process can influence the quality of final glucose syrup.
Without cream of tartar, glucose syrup is mainly used in the food industry, accounting for 95% of the total amount, and the non-food industry only accounts for 5%, mainly in the pharmaceutical industry. The most used in the food industry is candy, followed by fruit processing, beverages, and baking. In addition, it is also used in canned and dairy products. For these industry production requests, how to make glucose syrup without cream of tartar is important and essential.